In recent times, Korean skincare has caught the global eye. Mixing traditional secrets with the modern cosmetic market, the Korean skincare routine is a must-try if you want visible glowing results. Koreans traditionally follow an elaborate morning as well as a nighttime routine. This may feel exhausting but it is worth the effort if you want healthy, beautiful skin. Here is a quick guide through a typical routine.
Start Your Day with these Basic Steps of Korean SkinCare
- The very first thing to do on waking up is rinsing your skin using only water.
- Then apply a toner to hydrate your skin pores.
- Layer this using an essence.
- Then apply some ampoule if your skin needs a serum booster.
- If not, you can proceed to apply serum on your skin.
- Next, treat your eyes with some eye cream. Most Western skincare routines overlook this in the morning but this will benefit your eyes all day.
- Moisturise with a product that has long-lasting hydration before applying the most important last layer, the Sunscreen. Or simply use a moisturizer with SPF. The market is full of quality Korean sunscreens. Choose one suited to your skin type and budget. A good sunscreen helps protect the skin from the harmful UV rays and works as an anti-aging agent. Even the hastiest Korean skincare routine in the morning is sure to include the use of sunscreens.
- Use quality make-up if you must wear make-up. Otherwise, let your skin breathe naturally.
- Frequently hydrate your skin using mist-sprays on humid days.
End Your Day with these Basic Steps of Korean SkinCare
- Remove the make-ups as well as dirt and grime of the day using an oil-based cleanser. Korean oil cleansers are known to be gentle yet thorough in cleaning up the skin pores.
- IF you wear heavy make-up or travel much, treat your skin to a more effective deep cleaning by using a water-based cleanser after the oil-based one.
- Then proceed to exfoliate the skin gently.
- Apply a toner and layer it by using an essence, ampoule, and serum (in that order).
- Use a mask or a sheet-pack to rejuvenate your skin.
- Then, apply eye-cream before using a moisturizer.
- Give yourself good sleep by tucking in early.
The most important trick in Korean skincare is to treat your skin with respect. Moisturizing, exfoliating, and being gentle with the skin are part of this since ancient times. A pampered skin is one that is hydrated and well-nourished. Apart from the steps mentioned, eating right is an important part of Korean skincare. Do not skip meals and indulge in natural detoxing substances like green tea. Remember the Koreans are known for their ageless and flawless skins. But it is not acquired in a day’s time. The Korean skincare routine is a way of life. Try it out or adapt the routines to your own lifestyle and budget. The choice is yours!