In recent times, Korean skincare has caught the global eye. Mixing traditional secrets with the modern cosmetic market, the Korean skincare routine is a must-try if you want visible glowing results. Koreans traditionally follow an elaborate morning as well as a nighttime routine. This may feel exhausting but it is worth the effort if you want healthy, beautiful skin. Here is a quick guide through a typical routine.
Start Your Day with these Basic Steps of Korean SkinCare
- The very first thing to do on waking up is rinsing your skin using only water.
- Then apply a toner to hydrate your skin pores.
- Layer this using an essence.
- Then apply some ampoule if your skin needs a serum booster.
- If not, you can proceed to apply serum on your skin.
- Next, treat your eyes with some eye cream. Most Western skincare routines overlook this in the morning but this will benefit your eyes all day.
- Moisturise with a product that has long-lasting hydration before applying the most important last layer, the Sunscreen. Or simply use a moisturizer with SPF. The market is full of quality Korean sunscreens. Choose one suited to your skin type and budget. A good sunscreen helps protect the skin from the harmful UV rays and works as an anti-aging agent. Even the hastiest Korean skincare routine in the morning is sure to include the use of sunscreens.
- Use quality make-up if you must wear make-up. Otherwise, let your skin breathe naturally.
- Frequently hydrate your skin using mist-sprays on humid days.